Saturday, June 21, 2014

June 21st 2014, Barbie easy make clothes.

Well It June 2014 and I've been absent  because of Hand surgery, bone removal and non use of hands. I am now proud to say I can use my hands again, limited but they are getting stronger every day. So my first project for the toy drive is dressing Barbies.  I didnt stop buying cheapo Barbies at the Goodwill where i can get a bag of 12 for 99¢, used but cleanable. If not, they become my models. I buy Barbie's lil sister Kellys same way or look for donations. Then I clean them and wash their hair gently and get all the tangles our and make them smell a whole better. 
So also I found a bunch of bags of these stretchy elestic fabric headbands thinking I would keep the long hair out of my eyes and my grand-girls. We all hated them.. So i got this great idea for the barbie. I shall make them tube tops.. this is easy, you can do this too. They also sell these type of headband at the Dollar tree or drug stores. In all colors. I already made two tiered skirt before surgery.

So i made 3 from each headband.. by sewing on the machine inside out. some have to be double sewed so you can cut between them. See Photo and get a neat idea.


1 comment:

  1. Marylou is that you ..this is Teresa , tmtbears,misteecrafts ..remember me ? Out of wisconsin ? Please email me misteecrafts69@yahoo.com i miss you !

    ReplyDelete