Saturday, January 5, 2013

January 5th, just another day, Saturday

Saturday's are rough when it's cold outside and rainy which seems to be both on the Oregon Coast. So this morning I decided to finish my HITTY dress which I crocheted at the top and Knooked (a form of knitting with a crochet hook and silken cord) See my photos.



                                                                                   
I have to add a pure white ribbon and some sort of closure... I'm calling it the "Snowdrift Dress" Not sure if I'm selling it or keeping it yet. Geraldine Raikes Hitty looks so cute in it..

I have so much to finish today, some i started last night while watching tv and some I got up early to start and finish. 
Also I am still trying to make that tissue paper rose... last night I tried this:
to glue my tissue paper onto regular white typing paper.. pattern on back side and tissue glued and scrunched just a bit. This morning after it dried, I cut it out.. I love the tissue paper look, but i want it stiffer, so it would last.. 


Not sure if this method might be too stiff almost like the card stock..not the Tissue look I had in mind..
so I drew out two patterns last night on my fancy tissue paper and intend on only using them glued together today... I will get back to it.. so much to do, so little time in each day

The other thing is in our yahoogroup:I put in a link in case someone wants to join.
handmadedollsandfriends · Handmade dolls and Friends




We are doing swaps and one of them is a make a small dolly swap... I chose to make a reborn. Reborns are stripped of their selves and remade.. In this case I removed The body and made new, the paint off its face and gave her a new do after tearing off that ridiculous wig... I cant show it till we swap in April, but let me tell you, its real good, so far. I also made her the sweetest pink outfit to fit..

And I made 4 of my paper napkin hats, with glue and hat forms.. I made the hat form from an old medicine bottle top glued securely to a plastic ribbon spool. I have several of these forms to work with. I make these when I have a minute to spare. The napkins I get from the dollar store and even the white glue...
I make them for dolls and sometimes real people as they seem to like to wear them, adding a snap clippie. They call me the ittybitty hat maker gal. But really I started to make them for my hittys and small dollys.









No comments:

Post a Comment