Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Last year I had a project of finding these lil Kelly dolls(Barbie's smallest sister). I had friends find me these small dolls all over the country in our doll group (handmadedollsandfriends@yahoogroups) in Yahoo. Well we delivered to the Toy drive 23 packages that I made about a dozen different types of clothing for the lil doll and packaged them up to donate to my local toy drive. They also went out to a few other organziations. 
Mostly i found these small dolls in thrift stores and garage sales. Someone so nice helped me out and sent me a few more about 25 of em... Some had clothing...we included one or two dresses in the packages, also.
THAT WAS 2012.
This is 2013 and Im already searching out for more of these kelly dolls to make for toy drives and needy children who need a dolly. 
How about you? Are you finding toys for your local Toy Drives? I know they only want new and unused... but sometimes they make an exception like what I did. This is a photo of my packaged Kelly with clothes. Do you wait till the last minute? Im starting now. If anyone want to help me... make clothing or gather these small dolls, or has these small dollys, I need donations. I can always offer in return to make a package for you and one for me for your own TOY drive. It must be a donation thing. You cannot sell them. 


And if anyone has a great idea what we can do for lil boys, Im all ears and eyes...Something we can make for them...






No comments:

Post a Comment