Sunday, January 6, 2013

January 6th, 2013 Hitty Dresses and Sizzix Punches

Sunday January 6th.
Its almost sunshining here on the mid Oregon Coastline... Still pretty coolish and brisk, but the air smells so good.
this morning I got up, played my farmville (hee hee) and made two dresses, one for my Mom's hitty "Linda Louise" down in N. Calif and for my hitty Geraldine. They both came out great. I love the snomen... But I wish the manufacture would either put them all rightside up or upside down..I guess they don't trust us to try and sew it right?
Then I went off to the thrift store (Goodwill) to find treasure on a Sunday. They change the color of the tags once a week on Sunday and that means anything with this tag is 50% off. I found two bags worth and it still did not clear 10 dollars... so wooooo hoooo for me...
I did manage to find 3 more barbies to make dresses for the end of the Year toy drive. These 3 dolls were in great condition... and I was impressed... 
I have adopted this wonderful family with their smaller children. There is 2 girls (ages 4 and 5) and I have plenty for them to do..when they visit, like dress barbies or skippers or Kellys. They have to help keep the dollhouse straight and such. There is also a small boy and  he needed Gramma house toys too, so I found a whole bunch of matchbox and plastic cars and trucks.. This keeps this child busy for hours and out of the goirls hair when they are trying to dress the dolls. or help me with all my work... 
Oh and I found a great cutting board for my Sizzix punches. Ive been killing my old one which was for fabric not pounding a hammer with these sharp edged designs. I have a lot of fun with these and found many things to do with them. Last year I bought (again at the Goodwill) several combined Occaisional cards all dumped into large boxes like the oranges come in at the supermarket... Mine to use as I please. Some were used, most were not. I always save cards. I like the pictures..


I've made some beautiful pins from Christmas Card stock and glitter and a pin back to be two Dragonflies. These are very durable.
















                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment